VICTORIA, Texas - DPS is investigating a two vehicle accident on Highway 87 that leaves one man dead.
The crash happened Wednesday night at approximately 7:52 pm. Sgt. Ruben San Miguel says a Chevy driven by 20-year-old William Orsbon was driving south and failed to yield the right of way when turning on FM 1090.
He hit a Kia on it's side, which was driven by Rene Villareal who wasn't wearing a seat belt. Both were transported to Citizen's hospital where Villareal was pronounced dead and Orsbon is being treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Sgt. San Miguel says the crash is still under investigation and no citations are issued at this time. There are currently no signs of intoxication however they do believe the driver was distracted.
- Texas gun rights lobby pushing back on calls for new laws
- Family of woman killed in raid welcomes charges
- VISD cuts tax rate by eighteen cents
- Second anniversary of Hurricane Harvey approaches this Sunday
- Cuero Tree Board is asking for help in naming 14 historical trees
- Gov. Abbott holds first Texas Safety Commission meeting on combating hate in Texas
- Consumers can monitor real-time grid conditions on ERCOT's updated app
- Victoria Crime Stoppers searching for man charged with domestic assault
- WWII vets honored in Texas following D-Day events in France
- Hurricane Harvey recovery mattress donation