AUSTIN, Texas - The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) has upgraded its mobile application, and consumers are encouraged to sign up for ERCOT alerts.
ERCOT will send an alert in real-time recommending conservation when the grid is experiencing tight conditions.
With the ERCOT app, consumers can view the following:
- Current electric demand and operating reserves
- Important real-time notifications
- Real-time wholesale prices
The upgrade provides better overall performance and usability on all mobile devices and eliminates bugs associated with newer versions of the iOS and Android operating systems.
Users can download the newest version through the Apple Store or Google Play.
Consumers can also stay up to date on ERCOT news and events by following the grid operator on Twitter (@ERCOT_ISO) and Facebook (Electric Reliability Council of Texas). Market conditions are also available on www.ercot.com.
The information in this article was sent in a press release from ERCOT.
ERCOT, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, manages the flow of electric power to more than 25 million Texas customers, representing about 90 percent of the state's electric load. As the Independent System Operator for the region, ERCOT schedules power on an electric grid that connects more than 46,500 miles of transmission lines and 650+ generation units. ERCOT also performs financial settlement for the competitive wholesale bulk-power market and administers retail switching for more than 8 million premises in competitive choice areas. ERCOT is a membership-based 501(c)(4) nonprofit corporation, governed by a board of directors and subject to oversight by the Public Utility Commission of Texas and the Texas Legislature.
- Representative Morrison spoke with TWIA about ongoing Harvey recovery
- Crime Stoppers searching for man wanted in the murder of Isaac Ybarra in Edna
- Authorities searching for suspect wanted in death of Nassau Bay Police Officer
- Suspect in custody, NAS Corpus Christi release lockdown
- H-E-B held their 29th annual Feast of Sharing
- The Golden Crescent CASA prepares Christmas for children in foster care
- Jackson Co. officiates resolution to become "2nd Amendment Sanctuary County"
- Senator Kolkhorst announces re-election bid for Texas Senate
- Pilot identified in fatal plane crash in Inez
- Texa Tech University takes Q&A in Victoria
- Suspected car burglars arrested
- State Representative Geanie Morrison recognized as an Honorary Fire Chief