VICTORIA, Texas - The City of Victoria soon will welcome a new communications director with 10 years of marketing and communications experience in public and corporate sectors.
Ashley Strevel, communications manager for the University of Houston-Victoria (UHV) and a native of Victoria, will join the city Sept. 30 as its communications & public affairs director.
"I'm thrilled to join the City of Victoria at such an exciting time," she said. "Our city manager has an ambitious vision for Victoria, and I'm committed to supporting it. I look forward to bringing my experience and energy to the team."
Strevel graduated from Texas A&M University with a bachelor's degree in sociology and is pursuing a second bachelor's degree at UHV. In her role at the university, Strevel creates, implements, and oversees all internal and external communications through collaboration with local media, university employees, community partners and stakeholders to engage and inform the public. She brings a dynamic background in marketing and communications that includes other local employers such as Thomas Petroleum and Eddy Foods Inc.
"We are excited to have Ashley join our team," Garza said. "Her passion for modern communication strategies and the Victoria community will be extremely beneficial as the city looks to continue improving our communication and public engagement efforts."
The city's communications & public affairs director leads public communication strategies, crisis communications, media relations, community affairs and development of strategic messaging for all city departments. The city's communications department serves as a hub for other city communications with the goal of promoting accessibility for the community using all forms of communication platforms. The department also is responsible for social media communication strategies, targeted marketing plans and the VTV15 government cable channel.
In addition to her professional experience, Strevel actively is involved in the community and her profession as a member of the Christian Women's Business Connection, Faith Family Church's volunteer leadership team and the Public Relations Society of America.
The information in this article was sent in a press release by the City of Victoria.
- Fatal Motorcyclist Accident on Houston Hwy
- Authorities seek a human smuggler who illegally transported Chinese and other nationals
- October's Military Hero of the Month
- Monday, October 21 Petit Jury Cancelled
- Please help Crime Stoppers find a suspect
- VPD Search Warrant Leads to Arrest
- The Calhoun County Fair and Livestock Show brought several teens out to compete
- Crime Stoppers trying to ID a man
- Wharton County Sheriff's look for car burglary suspects
- East High School Traffic Study To Begin
- Citizens ER Expansion Project Approved
- Fort Worth officer resigns after fatal shooting