VICTORIA, Texas - City of Victoria communications director O.C. Garza announces he'll retire at the end of August.
He served the city for 18 years.
Garza spent much of his career within the communications department, where he oversaw the city run TV station.
He also handled public affairs for the city.
Garza and his wife plan to retire on the same day. They'll remain in Victoria.
"We are going to travel...we have family and friends that we will take trips with....and enjoying life after some very long working careers," said O.C. Garza, City of Victoria.
Garza's last day will be August 31st. The city of Victoria is actively searching for a new director of communications.
- Placedo Benavides Rd construction project moving quickly
- Houston school trustees reject state review as one-sided
- Texas man suspected in twin's death arrested in SC
- NASA testing urban drone safety over Corpus Christi
- US official calls tent court for asylum seekers 'impressive'
- Justice Department sues to block merger of airline IT firms
- Governor Abbott announces new Uber hub in Dallas
- Uber to open regional hub in Dallas, resulting in 3,000 jobs
- 2 inmates escape from East Texas jail, perimeter fence cut
- Ransomware attack hits more than 20 Texas local governments