VICTORIA, Texas - Update 9/3/2019:
Sunday night on US Highway 59, a state trooper stopped a tractor trailer for a traffic violation.
During the roadside interview the trooper detected criminal activity and gained consent to search the vehicle.
So they took the vehicle to Walmart on Rio Grande, and the Walmart staff unloaded the semi-trailer. Then, DPS searched the refrigerated area and found 250 pounds of an unknown substance.
DPS is still testing the substance. The driver was arrested for the possession of a controlled substance.
The investigation is ongoing.
DPS confirms a tractor-trailer was stopped on US highway 59 and found the truck to be carrying an undetermined amount of illegal drugs.
The case is under investigation, no word on how many arrested.
We'll update you as soon as more information is available.
- Victoria man indicted for felony charges
- Driscoll sponsors free CPR course in Victoria
- Delays and closures in the Crossroads
- Governor Abbott attends grand opening of new Dallas Holocaust And Human Rights Museum
- Victoria Police seeking information regarding shots fired on Mumphord Street
- Local vape shop supports national petition to save flavored e-liquid
- No injuries after newly rebuilt home goes up in flames
- Governor Abbott prepares state resources as severe weather approaches Texas
- City of Victoria announces new Communications Director
- Short budget hearing after no one takes the podium at Commissioners Court
- Commissioners approve County Sheriff's Office request to train at airport
- Clean Plate moving to brick-and-mortar store on Airline