VICTORIA, Texas - The friends and family of Destiny Gonzales, one of three people tragically killed in a Satruday morning accident, held a bake sale Wednesday afternoon to benefit her children.
Baked goods, including cakes and cookies, were sold throughout the day, with all proceeds going towards easing the financial burden left after Gonzales' death.
Donation jars for Gonzales' family will also be placed in businesses in Ganado, Edna and Victoria, including the John Stockbauer and Navarro Sonic locations.
"She was very much loved. She will be very much missed. And, this meant the world to me to be a part of. To help and do this for them and help the family out. I understand they're going through a lot. So, if I can help by any means a little bit, then that will make me feel ten feet tall to know that I did that." said Valencia Hernandez, friend of Detiny Gonzalez.
Friends and family of Destiny Gonzales hope to hold a crawfish boil next week to benefit her children. A date and location for the crawfish boil has not yet been set.
- Goliad ISD sets new date for student enrollment
- Port Lavaca insurance agent, wife arrested for on forgery charges
- Preschooler screen time linked to attention problems
- Local authorities arrest suspect for indecency with a child
- Three car crash on Odem and Laurent leaves three in hospital
- Crimestoppers searching for fugitive charged with making and delivering drugs
- Teen rapper Tay-K convicted of murder in Texas home invasion
- Dallas police chief on medical leave after 'major surgery'
- Aunt of child found dead in landfill charged
- US expands 'Remain in Mexico' at dangerous part of border