VICTORIA, Texas - American Legion celebrates their 100th birthday on Friday evening. American Legion Post 166 is hosting a birthday bash sponsored by American Legion Riders.
Tickets are $10 and come with a BBQ meal. The proceeds will go towards the Legacy Scholarship Fund.
The American Legion’s Legacy Scholarship provides college scholarship money to children of post-9/11 veterans who died on active duty or have a combined VA disability rating of 50 percent or greater.
Activities include a 50/50 raffle, and a mystery door prize for attendees.
The American Legion is a U.S. war veterans organization established by a group of soldiers who fought in World War I.
Membership swiftly grew to over 1 million and local posts sprang up across the country. Today, there are over 2 million members in more than 13,000 posts worldwide.
- Local sponsors spread the Magic of Storytelling in the Crossroads
- NFPA and Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition announce week of action for America's home fire problem
- Two arrested after breaking into cars
- Bloomington ISD Superintendent resigns
- Chewy Chips Ahoy and 2 flavors of Ben and Jerry's recalled
- Second man gets life in prison for role in double slaying
- Four sentenced for using helicopter for sport hunting in Texas
- Retired army officer gets prison in guns case
- Spring cleaning: de-clutter your home and mind
- CCSO captures Texas teen, 4 undocumented immigrants after bail out