VICTORIA, Texas - On Saturday, 08/17/2019, approximately 4:00PM, VPD officers responded to SAMS Club, 9202
N. Navarro St. in response to a terroristic threat. SAMS Club received a call at approximately
3:55PM at which time the caller threatened to shoot employees and customers.
The phone number was obtained by an off-duty VPD employee at the location who ultimately
identified the caller as 18 year old Victoria resident, Elicio Martinez.
Martinez was identified by management as a SAMS Club employee who was working at the
A VPD Detective responded to the location and obtained a confession from Martinez for the
Martinez was arrested without incident and transported to the VCSO Jail where he was charged
with Terroristic Threat.
The information in this article was sent in a press release by Officer David Brogger with the Victoria Police Depatment.
- Thanksgiving is by far the leading day for U.S. home cooking fires
- Yoakum Commercial District listed in National Register of Historic Places
- LiftFund and EDA announce $3M investment for small businesses in the Golden Crescent
- Plug Promotions hosts Beauty and Body Expo with Cash Prizes
- Pray for Bloomington Gathers Community for unity prayer
- BBQ cook-off raises funds for volunteer fire department
- Mumphord's Place Bar-B-Q on "The Texas Bucket List"
- Sting operation leads to arrest of two for making and selling drugs
- Border Crisis: Where are we now?
- Airline road closure due to water line break
- Chain of Christian pregnancy centers to offer contraceptives
- Texas parole board recommends delaying Rodney Reed execution