VICTORIA, Texas - On Saturday, 08/17/2019, approximately 4:00PM, VPD officers responded to SAMS Club, 9202
N. Navarro St. in response to a terroristic threat. SAMS Club received a call at approximately
3:55PM at which time the caller threatened to shoot employees and customers.
The phone number was obtained by an off-duty VPD employee at the location who ultimately
identified the caller as 18 year old Victoria resident, Elicio Martinez.
Martinez was identified by management as a SAMS Club employee who was working at the
A VPD Detective responded to the location and obtained a confession from Martinez for the
Martinez was arrested without incident and transported to the VCSO Jail where he was charged
with Terroristic Threat.
The information in this article was sent in a press release by Officer David Brogger with the Victoria Police Depatment.
- Bank robbery suspect killed in high speed car chase
- Wharton bank robbery suspects identified, still on the run
- 54-year-old Victoria woman found dead in home on Lincoln Street
- Race factors into jury picks for ex-cop who killed black man
- Locals Express Expectations for Democratic Debate
- Lightning Safety Tips
- Salvation Army nearing capacity, speaking out on camping ordinance
- St. Joe parents are concerned about V.I.S.D rental rate increases
- Homeowner Assistance Program announces major milestone
- Governor Abbott releases Texas Safety Action Report
- Wharton Police searching for two suspects who robbed a bank Thursday morning
- Federal court orders Galveston County to provide counsel at bail hearings in historic ruling