VICTORIA, Texas - On December 3rd at 8:30 a.m. Habitat for Humanity Golden Crescent is going to frame a house in a workhouse for a family who lives in Refugio.
Cynthia Staley, the President of Habitat for Humanity of the Golden Crescent said, "We'll be doing panelized walls, and we will be wrapping up the project about two o'clock. Then we will put the walls on a truck and ship it to Refugio because right now we are also building in Refugio County to help them recover from Hurricane Harvey. No power tools, hammers, or nails, and we've got 100 plus kids signed up to help build this house on Tuesday from 8:30 a.m. til 1:00 p.m.
On December 3rd which is Giving Tuesday, Habitat for Humanity will also match donation gifts all the way up to $1,500, serve breakfast at 7:30 a.m. and have a ribbon-cutting at 11:30 a.m.
- Nutcracker opening night sold out for the Victoria Ballet Company
- Educators hope access to hearing aids improves with new legislation
- Subway restaurants donate to local food bank
- Community Crossroads: Tips on How to Stay Healthy During the Holiday and Flu Free
- Flounder population numbers cause concern for conservationist, anxiety for fishermen
- Unattended 1 year-old dies in Yoakum
- 19 year-old male arrested for shooting his uncle in Yoakum
- Two car accident on Highway 87
- Naval Air Station Corpus Christi under lock-down Wednesday morning
- Representative Morrison spoke with TWIA about ongoing Harvey recovery
- Crime Stoppers searching for man wanted in the murder of Isaac Ybarra in Edna
- Authorities searching for suspect wanted in death of Nassau Bay Police Officer