GOLIAD, Texas - The Goliad County Commissioners have approved a grant from the Tocker Foundation to renovate and re-furnish the Goliad County Library.
The grant will total just over $51,000. The renovations include installing new shelving, building a new living room and new computer stations for residents to enjoy.
Librarians hope the changes to shelving, and how the books are organized, will open up new options to avid readers.
"You know, people get used to... complacent with what they read," explained Librarian Claudine Janota. "So, I'm hoping that our fiction readers, when they see the non-fiction over here, maybe it'll entice them to find something new that they didn't know they would enjoy reading."
The library is looking to add an additional $20,000 to complete the project and will work with the Stillwater Foundation to secure the remaining funding for the renovations.
- Placedo Benavides Rd construction project moving quickly
- Houston school trustees reject state review as one-sided
- Texas man suspected in twin's death arrested in SC
- NASA testing urban drone safety over Corpus Christi
- US official calls tent court for asylum seekers 'impressive'
- Justice Department sues to block merger of airline IT firms
- Governor Abbott announces new Uber hub in Dallas
- Uber to open regional hub in Dallas, resulting in 3,000 jobs
- 2 inmates escape from East Texas jail, perimeter fence cut
- Ransomware attack hits more than 20 Texas local governments