VICTORIA, Texas - The Victoria Police Department and US Marshal Task Force apprehended a known fugitive after a car chase last Tuesday.
According to court documents, Alexander Ray Martinez was pulled over by a VPD officer after a search warrant revealed Martinez had four warrants from Fort Bend County and one from Jackson County.
After coming a stop, the officer attempted to approach Martinez when he put the vehicle into drive and sped off.
Martinez led members of VPD and the US Marshal Task Force on a car chase along US Highway 59 for two miles before officers managed to stop his vehicle.
Martinez was arrested after attempting to evade police custody.
A search of Martinez's vehicle revealed multiple bags of illegal drugs, including Hydrocodone, Methamphetamine and Ecstasy.
In addition to the five previous charges, including Unlawful Possession and Continuous Violence of a Family Member, Martinez now faces four counts of Manufacture or Delivery of a Controlled Substance, Resisting Arrest, Evading in a Motor Vehicle and Tampering/Fabricating Evidence with Intent to Impair.
- Goliad ISD sets new date for student enrollment
- Port Lavaca insurance agent, wife arrested for on forgery charges
- Preschooler screen time linked to attention problems
- Local authorities arrest suspect for indecency with a child
- Three car crash on Odem and Laurent leaves three in hospital
- Crimestoppers searching for fugitive charged with making and delivering drugs
- Teen rapper Tay-K convicted of murder in Texas home invasion
- Dallas police chief on medical leave after 'major surgery'
- Aunt of child found dead in landfill charged
- US expands 'Remain in Mexico' at dangerous part of border