GANADO, Texas - Last week Newscenter 25 reported that Ganadao Independent School District has placed a Junior High teacher on administrative leave pending investigation of alleged inappropriate contact with a student in the classroom.
Friday Gandao ISD Superintendent, John Hardwick, Jr., sent the following letter to the parents.
"To the Parents of 6th Grade Students:
Last week a concern involving classroom management was brought to the attention of GISD administration about one of your child's teachers. Upon investigation into the allegations, the administration found that our students were not placed in a situation of harm. However, the teacher in question has resigned the position at GISD.
This week we have used a substitute in the classroom to ensure your child's education continues. Beginning 10/3/19, Shelby Macha assumed the duties of the classroom. Ms. Macha has an extensive background in mathematics. She has been successfully working beside our math teachers for several years. She will continue to provide instruction until a time when a certified teacher is available. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact me."
- Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity receives $1.25 M from Qatar Harvey Fund
- One dead after single vehicle crash in Lavaca County
- Family keeps dairy farm going with corn maze
- Our Lady Of Victory celebrates its 25th Annual Parish Fall Festival
- Wharton most wanted is in custody
- Crossroads residents celebrate LGBTQ identities with pride, BBQ
- The Volunteer Fire Department in Nursery held their first Adopt-A-Highway event
- There were hundreds of people gathered in Cuero to watch the Great Gobbler Gallop race
- Game Wardens rescue group in cold waters of San Antonio Bay
- What you need to know to prevent fires in your home this winter
- Local LGBT group to celebrate National Coming Out Day with weekend BBQ
- Authorities seize more than 1,400 grams of illegal drugs