VICTORIA, Texas - Principal Denise Canchola, along with retired Patti Welder history teacher Gary Moses, pepped up the staff and student body with cheers and well wishes for the new school year.
Principal Canchola said that the first day rally helps to inspire Patti Welder students to do their best, while keeping a positive attitude. Brother Gary Moses returns to his home school each year for the rally, because he sees how much it means to both the staff and the students, to get the school year off on the right foot.
"So we want it to be a great school year this year, and make it the very best, and we look forward to seeing great things happen from our school here at Patti Welder," said Moses.
The first day pep rally has become a tradition at Patti Welder. Hang in their folks, the last day of school is Thursday, May 28th.
- VIDEO: Crime prevention officer shares theft prevention tips
- Portion of Water Street near Moody to close Tuesday
- VPD seeking help to identify vehicle used in attempted abduction near Patti Welder
- Local republicans react to impeachment statement from Nancy Pelosi
- Kamin Furniture needs your help Crossroads
- Protect your Christmas gifts from thieves by following these safety tips
- Traffic pattern changes for morning drop-off effective Dec 9 at West High and Cade Middle Schools
- Registration open for Mid-Coast Hurricane and Disaster Conference 2020
- Victoria Police: man attempted to abduct 12-year-old near Patti Welder Middle School
- City of Victoria earns seven state-wide awards for video excellence
- Victoria police warn community about AEP scam calls
- Governor Abbott endorses Senator Lois Kolkhorst for re-election