VICTORIA, Texas - Victoria County Sheriff's Office posted the following statement on their Facebook page regarding a threat to safety of students and staff at East High School in Victoria.
"On Friday October 4, 2019, at about 9:45 am, the Victoria County Sheriff's Office School Resource Unit received notice of a threat to safety of students and staff at the Victoria East High School. An unknown person had written a note on a bathroom wall stating "I'm going to shoot up the school and kill myself." VCSO School Resource Deputies and East HS staff conducted an investigation which led to a 15 year old student being charged with Terroristic Threat, a 3rd degree felony. The suspect was transported to the Victoria County Juvenile Detention center pending judicial hearings."
- The Calhoun County Fair and Livestock Show brought several teens out to compete
- Crime Stoppers trying to ID a man
- Wharton County Sheriff's look for car burglary suspects
- East High School Traffic Study To Begin
- Citizens ER Expansion Project Approved
- Fort Worth officer resigns after fatal shooting
- Judge Ben Zeller chosen as VP of County Judges & Commissioners Association of Texas
- Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity receives $1.25 M from Qatar Harvey Fund
- One dead after single vehicle crash in Lavaca County
- Family keeps dairy farm going with corn maze
- Our Lady Of Victory celebrates its 25th Annual Parish Fall Festival
- Wharton most wanted is in custody