DALLAS (AP) - Police in Dallas continue to search for a third suspect in the killing of a witness who testified at the murder trial of a former Dallas police officer.
Investigators say 22-year-old Thaddeous Green remains at large Wednesday following the shooting death last week of Joshua Brown in what police say was a drug sale that went awry.
Dallas police said in a statement late Tuesday that 32-year-old Michael Mitchell was taken into custody in Marksville, Louisiana. The third suspect, Mitchell's nephew, 20-year-old Jacquerious Mitchell, was in critical condition in a Dallas hospital following an exchange of gunfire with Brown.
It is unclear why the men drove more than 300 miles (483 kilometers) from central Louisiana to purchase marijuana in Texas.
Brown testified in the trial of Amber Guyger, who was sentenced last week after being convicted of murder in the shooting of Botham Jean.
Guyger said that she mistook Jean's apartment for her own and believed he was an intruder.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Calhoun County Fair and Livestock Show brought several teens out to compete
- Crime Stoppers trying to ID a man
- Wharton County Sheriff's look for car burglary suspects
- East High School Traffic Study To Begin
- Citizens ER Expansion Project Approved
- Fort Worth officer resigns after fatal shooting
- Judge Ben Zeller chosen as VP of County Judges & Commissioners Association of Texas
- Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity receives $1.25 M from Qatar Harvey Fund
- One dead after single vehicle crash in Lavaca County
- Family keeps dairy farm going with corn maze
- Our Lady Of Victory celebrates its 25th Annual Parish Fall Festival
- Wharton most wanted is in custody