PORT LAVACA, Texas - A Port Lavaca Insurance agent and his wife were arrested Wednesday following an investigation into misused funds.
Paul Michael Orta and his wife, Marisa Renee Orta, were arrested by the Calhoun County Sheriff's Office following an investigation into illegal payments made in their customers name.
Orta and his wife are accused of forging electronic signatures to authorize payments from their customers they did not make.
Both suspects have been charged with Forgery of a Financial Instrument and Misapplication of Fiduciary property.
- Nutcracker opening night sold out for the Victoria Ballet Company
- Educators hope access to hearing aids improves with new legislation
- Subway restaurants donate to local food bank
- Community Crossroads: Tips on How to Stay Healthy During the Holiday and Flu Free
- Flounder population numbers cause concern for conservationist, anxiety for fishermen
- Unattended 1 year-old dies in Yoakum
- 19 year-old male arrested for shooting his uncle in Yoakum
- Two car accident on Highway 87
- Naval Air Station Corpus Christi under lock-down Wednesday morning
- Representative Morrison spoke with TWIA about ongoing Harvey recovery
- Crime Stoppers searching for man wanted in the murder of Isaac Ybarra in Edna
- Authorities searching for suspect wanted in death of Nassau Bay Police Officer