VICTORIA, Texas - Below is the official press release from Victoria Police Department Public Information Officer, David Brogger:
On Thursday, 06-13-19, 6:11AM, the Victoria Police Department SWAT team, VPD Special Crimes Unit, VCSO Special Crimes Unit, DPS Agents, and the US Marshals Service Gulf Coast Violent Offender Task Force arrived at a residence in the 90 block of Huron St. to serve a search and arrest warrant.
The arrest warrant was issued on 6-12-19 for Tumar Ysing Williams, 36 year old Victoria resident, charging him with Manufacture/Delivery of a Controlled Substance Penalty Group 1 >1g<4g.
Six (6) adults and three (3) juveniles were contacted inside of the residence.
The adults were identified as Tumar Ysing Williams, 39 year old Corey Gerard Williams, 54 year old Joel Wayne Stirneman, 29 year old Kayla Vonne White, 22 year old Tyera Matrisha Lewis, and 32 year old Jovan Dshea Wells; all of Victoria.
The juveniles ranged from 5-13 years of age.
"This was an ongoing investigation with our Special Crimes Unit. They've been watching this house and watching these people, these residents at this house for a time. And, they got enough evidence to get a search and arrest warrant," said Officer David Brogger, VPD Public Information Officer.
During a search of the residence, Police located crack cocaine in an amount which is more than a typical user would possess as well as evidence that showed the residents were manufacturing crack cocaine at the location.
Police also located and seized over $17,000.00 in assorted US Currency which was packaged and stored in a manner that is indicative of narcotics proceeds.
All six adults were arrested on site with the following charges:
- Manufacture or Delivery of a Controlled Substance Penalty Group 1 >4g<200g
- Three counts of Abandoning or Endangering a Child
- Engaging in Organized Criminal Activity
Williams was also arrested on the original arrest warrant.
The juveniles were left in the custody of a responsible party.
- STJ Volleyball Gets Three Wins At Goliad Tourney 8-23
- UHV Soccer Scrimmages Vs. A&M-International
- Gold's Gym is raising funds to benefit the victims of the El Paso shooting
- Texas gun rights lobby pushing back on calls for new laws
- Family of woman killed in raid welcomes charges
- VISD cuts tax rate by eighteen cents
- Second anniversary of Hurricane Harvey approaches this Sunday
- Cuero Tree Board is asking for help in naming 14 historical trees
- Gov. Abbott holds first Texas Safety Commission meeting on combating hate in Texas
- Consumers can monitor real-time grid conditions on ERCOT's updated app