GOLIAD, Texas - A Goliad couple, Kristen Mae Hughes and Joshua Dathan Edwards, have been charged with multiple felonies after deputies found a four- year- old boy wandering the streets alone.
An affidavit explains that deputies responded to an anonymous tip on the 200 Block of West End Street, and found signs of abuse and neglect on the four-year- old.
The child was taken to the Sheriff's Office and CPS was contacted.
Four children ranging in ages 6 months to school age were taken out of the home and school by authorities for interviews where they explained that they were, "spanked a lot of times." The deputies discovered numerous cuts and bruises all over each child's body, and the children were unclean emitting a "foul odor" according to the affidavit.
Each child described the physical abuse inflicted by Edwards and Hughes in their interviews and stated that, "mom and dad don't make it safe."
The children are now in the temporary custody of a family member.
Hughes and Edwards are being held at Goliad County Jail. Hughes has been charged with one count of Abandonment Endangerment of a Child/Criminal Negligence. Edwards has been charged with three counts of Injury to a Child/Reckless Bodily Injury.
- The Calhoun County Fair and Livestock Show brought several teens out to compete
- Crime Stoppers trying to ID a man
- Wharton County Sheriff's look for car burglary suspects
- East High School Traffic Study To Begin
- Citizens ER Expansion Project Approved
- Fort Worth officer resigns after fatal shooting
- Judge Ben Zeller chosen as VP of County Judges & Commissioners Association of Texas
- Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity receives $1.25 M from Qatar Harvey Fund
- One dead after single vehicle crash in Lavaca County
- Family keeps dairy farm going with corn maze
- Our Lady Of Victory celebrates its 25th Annual Parish Fall Festival
- Wharton most wanted is in custody