AUSTIN, Texas - An El Campo man was arrested Wednesday on child pornography charges.
Attorney General Ken Paxton announced in a news release that on Wednesday the Child Exploitation Unit (CEU) of his office arrested 37-year-old Jeremiah Joshua Pace, of El Campo, Texas, on one count of Possession of Child Pornography.
A CyberTipline report from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) notified the Child Exploitation Unit that Pace reportedly uploaded child pornography to an e-mail account.
On October 9, 2019, CEU investigators executed a search warrant of Pace's residence in Wharton County. When interviewed, Pace admitted to possessing files of child pornography on his cell phone and email account. Investigators examined Pace's cell phone and found an image of child pornography and seized several digital storage devices to be examined by the Digital Forensic Unit. Pace was transported to the Wharton County Jail without incident.
Attorney General Paxton's office works to protect children by using the latest technology to track down some of the most profoundly evil predators online. Since its inception, the Child Exploitation Unit has made 342 arrests and obtained 593 convictions on charges for possession of child pornography.
Attorney General Paxton urges all parents and teachers to become aware of the risks children face on the internet and take steps to help ensure their safety. If you suspect someone is producing or downloading child pornography, you can report it to NCMEC.
Click here for more information on cyber safety.
- Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity receives $1.25 M from Qatar Harvey Fund
- One dead after single vehicle crash in Lavaca County
- Family keeps dairy farm going with corn maze
- Our Lady Of Victory celebrates its 25th Annual Parish Fall Festival
- Wharton most wanted is in custody
- Crossroads residents celebrate LGBTQ identities with pride, BBQ
- The Volunteer Fire Department in Nursery held their first Adopt-A-Highway event
- There were hundreds of people gathered in Cuero to watch the Great Gobbler Gallop race
- Game Wardens rescue group in cold waters of San Antonio Bay
- What you need to know to prevent fires in your home this winter
- Local LGBT group to celebrate National Coming Out Day with weekend BBQ
- Authorities seize more than 1,400 grams of illegal drugs