VICTORIA, Texas - UPDATE: The state called 4 witnesses to the stand by 4:30pm. We expect this sentencing to linger into tomorrow with the defense's statements and then a sentencing by the judge. We will continue to update you with more information as we get it.
The jury in the trial for Amber Sorensen has made a decision to find Sorensen guilty of Enhanced Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon Causing Serious Bodily Injury to a Family or Household Member.
Sorensen is guilty in the death of her boyfriend Jarrett Parker in their home in February 2017.
The jury began deliberating on Monday and after a few hours adjourned until Tuesday morning at 9 a.m. Around noon Tuesday the jury emerged with a decision.
The sentencing will begin at 1:30 p.m.
- The Calhoun County Fair and Livestock Show brought several teens out to compete
- Crime Stoppers trying to ID a man
- Wharton County Sheriff's look for car burglary suspects
- East High School Traffic Study To Begin
- Citizens ER Expansion Project Approved
- Fort Worth officer resigns after fatal shooting
- Judge Ben Zeller chosen as VP of County Judges & Commissioners Association of Texas
- Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity receives $1.25 M from Qatar Harvey Fund
- One dead after single vehicle crash in Lavaca County
- Family keeps dairy farm going with corn maze
- Our Lady Of Victory celebrates its 25th Annual Parish Fall Festival
- Wharton most wanted is in custody