Continuing our coverage on the resignation of the Elections Administrator.
The election commission officially excepted the resignation of Vicki Vogel Friday.
Vogel says the reason for her resignation is she has been provided with an opportunity to expand my knowledge with another company.
She says she will miss working here in Victoria and appreciates all the support.
After much discussion the commission decided to appoint Marjetta Hill as the interim Elections Administrator to run the office for the upcoming city elections.
Once those are finished they will discuss filling the position permanently.
"We are almost in a election and we didn't have a full commission here, we didn't have a full 5 members today. we thought the process would be better to have an interim in place and then make the final decision early summer," says Ben Zeller, County Judge.
Vogel's last day will be next week and hill will take over officially at commissioners court.
- Placedo Benavides Rd construction project moving quickly
- Houston school trustees reject state review as one-sided
- Texas man suspected in twin's death arrested in SC
- NASA testing urban drone safety over Corpus Christi
- US official calls tent court for asylum seekers 'impressive'
- Justice Department sues to block merger of airline IT firms
- Governor Abbott announces new Uber hub in Dallas
- Uber to open regional hub in Dallas, resulting in 3,000 jobs
- 2 inmates escape from East Texas jail, perimeter fence cut
- Ransomware attack hits more than 20 Texas local governments