VICTORIA, Texas - The Calhoun County Sheriff's Office confirmed a worker at Formosa was hit by lightning around 4 p.m. Wednesday in Point Comfort. It happened east of the main Formosa Area at the CSB Power Plant. The worker was taken to Citizens. At last report the worker was alive.
Steve Marwitz, with Formosa Communications Department, said a lightning related incident occurred Wednesday afternoon during today's storms. He said the victim, was a contractor and was conscious at the time of transport to the hospital. The incident occurred at one of the plants EG2 construction sites, said Marwitz. The investigation is on going and Formosa is attempting to gather additional information.
- The Calhoun County Fair and Livestock Show brought several teens out to compete
- Crime Stoppers trying to ID a man
- Wharton County Sheriff's look for car burglary suspects
- East High School Traffic Study To Begin
- Citizens ER Expansion Project Approved
- Fort Worth officer resigns after fatal shooting
- Judge Ben Zeller chosen as VP of County Judges & Commissioners Association of Texas
- Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity receives $1.25 M from Qatar Harvey Fund
- One dead after single vehicle crash in Lavaca County
- Family keeps dairy farm going with corn maze
- Our Lady Of Victory celebrates its 25th Annual Parish Fall Festival
- Wharton most wanted is in custody