VICTORIA, Texas - Chick-fil-A is inviting you to support Young Life. The 9th Annual Chick-fil-A Young Life 5k and 10k is Saturday, April 6, 2019. All proceeds benefit Young Life Victoria. It starts at 7:30 a.m. It begins and ends at the Chick-fil-A on Navarro in front of HEB Plus. There's a Running of the Calves for children ten and under presented by Rachel C. Heard, DDS. Meet them at the finish line for great food and fun. To learn more click here.
Victoria College is having its "Our Journey" exhibit at The Museum of the Coastal Bend on April 2, 2019. Victoria College 1954 alumnus Jim Lehrer will serve as guest speaker. He is a journalist and novelist who attended VC in the 50s. He also worked at Trailways in Victoria as a ticket agent. Lehrer was editor of the VC newspaper, and went on to host PBS Newshour for 36 years. The Mueseum of the Coastal Bend event is at 11 a.m. Lehrer will be honored at 6:30 p.m. at One O'Connor Plaza. Lehrer will lecture later that evening at 7:30 p.m. at the Leo J. Welder Center for the Performing Arts.
Tejano Artist Ray Ray has a new release "Mi Ultimo Deseo" and we'll listen to "Super Tropical". It's a hot and sexy cumbia. Ray Ray is a three time Tejano Music Award nominee and is sponsored by Budweiser. He enjoys golf and football and plays percussion. Find his music on Itunes, google play, spotify, tidal, Amazon music and Janie's Record Shop. Click here for more.
Victoria Art Car Parade 2019
The 2019 Victoria Art Car Parade is April 6, 2019. The parade starts at 11:30 a.m. downtown on Main Street. After the parade make your way to Ann Harithas Five Points Museum of Contemporary Artto meet Mark "Scrapdaddy" Bradford and his right hand man Ray Aguilar. The museum is at 1201 N. Moody. Our friends from Houston can join us at the parade thanks to a free charter bus ride, just call 361-572-0016. You can reach the Five Points Museum at 361-572-0016 or click here.
Quilt Guild of Greater Victoria, Inc.
The Quilt Guild of Greater Victoria, Inc. started in 1984 and it is always looking for new members. Click here for more. There is a a free sewing bee at the Bronte Room at the Victoria Public Library on February 20, 2019 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
If you have a story idea email James. You can watch Community Crossroads on Saturday on KAVU, ABC at 5 p.m. Sunday on CBS at 7 a.m., NBC at 10 a.m., and FOX at 5 p.m.
- STJ Volleyball Gets Three Wins At Goliad Tourney 8-23
- UHV Soccer Scrimmages Vs. A&M-International
- Gold's Gym is raising funds to benefit the victims of the El Paso shooting
- Texas gun rights lobby pushing back on calls for new laws
- Family of woman killed in raid welcomes charges
- VISD cuts tax rate by eighteen cents
- Second anniversary of Hurricane Harvey approaches this Sunday
- Cuero Tree Board is asking for help in naming 14 historical trees
- Gov. Abbott holds first Texas Safety Commission meeting on combating hate in Texas
- Consumers can monitor real-time grid conditions on ERCOT's updated app