VICTORIA, Texas - A press release from VPD regarding a July 4th shooting:
On Thursday, July 4th, at approximately 10:37pm, Victoria Police Department officers responded to a local hospital in reference to an investigation.
Preliminary investigation revealed a six year old boy had been shot in the arm. It is believed the child and his family were celebrating the holiday in the 2000 block of East Forrest Street when he was struck by a stray bullet. The victim has been transferred to a San Antonio hospital to receive further treatment for non-life threatening injuries.
There has not been an arrest made and this is an open investigation. If you have any information pertaining to this incident, please call our investigations division at 361-483-3730 or Crime Stoppers at 361-572-4200.
We would like to remind the community that it is against city ordinance to discharge a firearm in the city.
- Vietnam Wall of Honor coming to Patriot Park
- Submissions open for the 2020 Victoria Independent Film Festival
- UHV softball signs two more players
- 18 year old Victoria man arrested for making terroristic threat at Sam's Club
- Crestwood Drive reconstruction to begin August 26th
- "I always say that this is the only disease you lose them twice" says a local event coordinator.
- East football holds Media Day
- Former Yoakum standout Joshua Moore facing gun charges
- End of the Summer Bash
- H.S. Volleyball Roundup