VICTORIA, Texas - Update: Shortly before 4:30 p.m. Victoria Police detained this man. He will undergo a mental evaluation.
Tuesday around 11 a.m. the Victoria Public Library was evacuated due to a man holed up at a house near the 400 block of Liberty and E. Power St. At this hour, the areas around the 400 block of Liberty are closed to traffic.
Victoria Police said around 7:30 a.m. a man possibly having a mental crisis arrived at the house of an acquaintance. At last report the acquaintance was not in the house.
Victoria SWAT is on the scene.
Police were called to the same house Monday. The details of the call were not immediately available.
- Warriors Weekend
- Victoria police provide free VIN etching to Crossroads residents
- Veterans invited to take flight in Calhoun County
- Mid-Coast Family Services opens warming center
- Ceremony held for Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall
- Multiple agencies tackle gas leak at drilling site near Yorktown
- Local community helps law enforcement arrest fugitive
- Lane reductions begin Tuesday on two major roadways
- Shields Elementary School honors veterans
- Victoria Police searching for man wanted for "Assault Family Violence"
- DPS investigates fatal crash in Lavaca County
- Police department shares crime stats for 2019