OXFORD, Miss. (AP) - An attorney says a bond hearing is set for next week for a man charged in the slaying of a University of Mississippi student.
Tony Farese is representing Brandon Theesfeld, who is charged with murder in the death of 21-year-old Alexandria "Ally" Kostial.
Farese tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that he requested the bond hearing Wednesday after talks with District Attorney Ben Creekmore's office. Farese says he will request a "reasonable bond" during the Aug. 22 hearing.
Kostial's body was found July 20 near a lake about 30 miles (50 kilometers) from the university's campus in Oxford. Her funeral was held July 27 in her hometown of Kirkwood, Missouri.
Theesfeld is from Fort Worth, Texas. He was also an Ole Miss student and has been suspended.
Information from: Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, http://djournal.com
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Study: Victoria ranked as the #6 small city for heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers
- Victoria College Proposed Tax Rate: How it may affect you
- UHV Softball Signs Angleton Native
- City Council tables highly contested No Camping ordinance discussion until next month
- H.S. Volleyball Scoreboard 8-20
- West Football Puts On The Pads 8-20
- UHV Men's Soccer Pleased After First Exhibition
- Couple who ran Texas boarding home indicted for trafficking
- Placedo Benavides Rd construction project moving quickly
- Houston school trustees reject state review as one-sided