BLOOMINGTON, Texas - Bloomington ISD School Board accepted Superintendent Abbie Barnett's resignation Thursday, April 11.
The resignation is effective July 2nd, 2019, but Barnett is still on paid administrative leave.
Barnett has been with the school district for seven years working as Principal is both the elementary and middle school campuses.
A statement from the School Board said Mr. Barnett was able to get discipline under control which led to positive gains for at risk youth. He played a critical and positive roll in improving our school district.
The Board will discuss the hiring of a new Superintendent at their regularly scheduled Monday Board meeting. In the meantime, Elvis Whaley will continue in his role as Temporary Acting Superintendent.
- City of Victoria announces new Communications Director
- Short budget hearing after no one takes the podium at Commissioners Court
- Commissioners approve County Sheriff's Office request to train at airport
- Clean Plate moving to brick-and-mortar store on Airline
- Local non-profit to team up with Texas Roadhouse
- Victoria Police trying to identify two subjects
- Man with replica BB gun fatally shot by Arlington police
- Partial closure Tuesday on Azalea St. for utilities installation
- September 24th is National Voter Registration Day 2019
- UHV soccer gets Sunday sweep over Concordia
- The 5th Annual Weesatche 4 Warriors brought the community together
- Cuero ISD School Buses Escorted Due to Threat