BLOOMINGTON, Texas - Bloomington ISD School Board accepted Superintendent Abbie Barnett's resignation Thursday, April 11.
The resignation is effective July 2nd, 2019, but Barnett is still on paid administrative leave.
Barnett has been with the school district for seven years working as Principal is both the elementary and middle school campuses.
A statement from the School Board said Mr. Barnett was able to get discipline under control which led to positive gains for at risk youth. He played a critical and positive roll in improving our school district.
The Board will discuss the hiring of a new Superintendent at their regularly scheduled Monday Board meeting. In the meantime, Elvis Whaley will continue in his role as Temporary Acting Superintendent.
- Mid-Coast Family Services opens warming center
- Ceremony held for Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall
- Multiple agencies tackle gas leak at drilling site near Yorktown
- Local community helps law enforcement arrest fugitive
- Lane reductions begin Tuesday on two major roadways
- Shields Elementary School honors veterans
- Victoria Police searching for man wanted for "Assault Family Violence"
- DPS investigates fatal crash in Lavaca County
- Police department shares crime stats for 2019
- District Attorney Stuart Fryer gives an update on the three Hallettsville faculty members cases
- Michael Cloud Speaks on Impeachment Inquiry and more...
- Funeral plans set for 7 year old Freeport Police officer