BLOOMINGTON, Texas - The Bloomington Independent School District Superintendent Abbie Barnett was placed on paid administrative leave following a special called Board of Trustees meeting Tuesday evening.
The Board appointed Elvis Whaley as Temporary Acting Superintendent.
A Bloomington ISD news release states, "I realize you may have questions, but due to this being a personnel issue, the BISD Trustees are not at liberty to discuss the details of the situation."
Click here to view the full news release.
We will update this story as more details become available.
- The Calhoun County Fair and Livestock Show brought several teens out to compete
- Crime Stoppers trying to ID a man
- Wharton County Sheriff's look for car burglary suspects
- East High School Traffic Study To Begin
- Citizens ER Expansion Project Approved
- Fort Worth officer resigns after fatal shooting
- Judge Ben Zeller chosen as VP of County Judges & Commissioners Association of Texas
- Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity receives $1.25 M from Qatar Harvey Fund
- One dead after single vehicle crash in Lavaca County
- Family keeps dairy farm going with corn maze
- Our Lady Of Victory celebrates its 25th Annual Parish Fall Festival
- Wharton most wanted is in custody