VICTORIA, Texas - We previously reported on Angel Lucy's Funeral Home measuring children feet to provide them with new shoes in time for school. This weekend, the families received those shoes for their children.
Cesar Ornelas said, “Well the whole reason my mom was a very giving person, she always attended the church she always attended services, and she always gave back to the community. When she passed away we just felt like we had to keep the legacy going for years to come,”.
Ornelas the owner of Angel Lucy's Funeral Home says, he loves giving back to the community.
“We didn't have shoes sometimes to go to school clothing was an issue, toys were an issue for us. I didn't have Christmas until I was 13 years old but I told myself that if I ever got an opportunity where I was doing good, I would give back,” Ornelas.
I spoke with Sunni Edwardson, her family received a pair of shoes for her son who's going back to school. She mentioned, this event made her really happy because they can't afford to buy him new shoes.
“They came up and said, thank you very much, and they really appreciated that and the kids weren't going to have shoes to go to school. So it makes me feel great, and kind of brings tears to my eyes and it brings joy at the same time to see the smile on kids faces,” said Ornelas.
Angel Lucy's Funeral Home in Victoria gave away 696 pairs of shoes. Ornelas said he couldn't have done this without his family and staff members.
- Thanksgiving is by far the leading day for U.S. home cooking fires
- Yoakum Commercial District listed in National Register of Historic Places
- LiftFund and EDA announce $3M investment for small businesses in the Golden Crescent
- Plug Promotions hosts Beauty and Body Expo with Cash Prizes
- Pray for Bloomington Gathers Community for unity prayer
- BBQ cook-off raises funds for volunteer fire department
- Mumphord's Place Bar-B-Q on "The Texas Bucket List"
- Sting operation leads to arrest of two for making and selling drugs
- Border Crisis: Where are we now?
- Airline road closure due to water line break
- Chain of Christian pregnancy centers to offer contraceptives
- Texas parole board recommends delaying Rodney Reed execution