VICTORIA, Texas - Raheem Jones, the man accused of killing Vonsell Ramirez, will have a motions hearing to determine if he is ready to go to court.
Raheem Jones' motions hearing has been set for April 15th. Jones is accused of killing Vonsell Ramirez back in 2016.
Officials claim Jones and two additional accomplices killed Ramirez by slitting his throat using a broken bottle. Both accomplices have been charged with murder. However, Jones is facing capital murder charges because it is believed he was the one who used to the bottle to commit the crime.
Jones faces an automatic life sentence if found guilty and could even face capital punishment due to the capital murder charge.
If everything moves forward as planned, Jones will go to trial on June 5th.
- Study: Victoria ranked as the #6 small city for heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers
- Victoria College Proposed Tax Rate: How it may affect you
- UHV Softball Signs Angleton Native
- City Council tables highly contested No Camping ordinance discussion until next month
- H.S. Volleyball Scoreboard 8-20
- West Football Puts On The Pads 8-20
- UHV Men's Soccer Pleased After First Exhibition
- Couple who ran Texas boarding home indicted for trafficking
- Placedo Benavides Rd construction project moving quickly
- Houston school trustees reject state review as one-sided