VICTORIA, Texas - Raheem Jones, the man accused of killing Vonsell Ramirez, will have a motions hearing to determine if he is ready to go to court.
Raheem Jones' motions hearing has been set for April 15th. Jones is accused of killing Vonsell Ramirez back in 2016.
Officials claim Jones and two additional accomplices killed Ramirez by slitting his throat using a broken bottle. Both accomplices have been charged with murder. However, Jones is facing capital murder charges because it is believed he was the one who used to the bottle to commit the crime.
Jones faces an automatic life sentence if found guilty and could even face capital punishment due to the capital murder charge.
If everything moves forward as planned, Jones will go to trial on June 5th.
- East High School Traffic Study To Begin
- Citizens ER Expansion Project Approved
- Fort Worth officer resigns after fatal shooting
- Judge Ben Zeller chosen as VP of County Judges & Commissioners Association of Texas
- Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity receives $1.25 M from Qatar Harvey Fund
- One dead after single vehicle crash in Lavaca County
- Family keeps dairy farm going with corn maze
- Our Lady Of Victory celebrates its 25th Annual Parish Fall Festival
- Wharton most wanted is in custody
- Crossroads residents celebrate LGBTQ identities with pride, BBQ
- The Volunteer Fire Department in Nursery held their first Adopt-A-Highway event
- There were hundreds of people gathered in Cuero to watch the Great Gobbler Gallop race