PORT LAVACA, Texas - Update 6:13 p.m. 3/8/19
The driver of the 2005 Dodge Ram, identified as Remington Maddux, was arrested for a DWI following the crash.
Maddux struck a Ford F-150 driven by Danica Ramos. There was a male passenger, as well as a child who were taken to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
DPS Trooper Sgt. Ruben San Miguel said Maddux was driving southbound on Highway 35 when he failed to control his speed and hit the F-150 in the rear before flipping over the wall and landing in the Lavaca Bay.
Original story 12:15 a.m. 3/8/19
DPS is investigating a two vehicle accident that happened on the causeway in Port Lavaca.
Sgt Ruben San Miguel says a pickup was driving southbound on hwy 35 when it failed to control its speed and hit a car in the rear before flipping over the wall and landing in the Lavaca Bay.
A big crane was called in to pull the truck out of the water.
San Miguel says two people were transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the pick up truck was arrested on the suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
We will update you when more information becomes available.
- FAA Investigating fatal single-engine aircraft crash near Victoria
- Victoria County Commissioners prepare to wrap up 2019 business
- VPD offering free self defense class for women
- "In Goo We Trust" printed on the back of counterfeit $100 bills in Edna
- UHV'S Brandon Watts gives us an insight on Jaguars soccer
- VC's Science Department receives grant from VC Foundation
- Lineup announced for 2020 Charity Concert Series
- Local police seeking person of interest
- Hallettsville Police searching for theft suspect
- The community held a BBQ fundraiser for Emmy Saenz
- Brian Ladwig Named Cuero VFD Firefighter of the Year for 2019
- Halletsville Chamber of Commerce hosts 3rd annual Wine Walk