PORT LAVACA, Texas - Update 6:13 p.m. 3/8/19
The driver of the 2005 Dodge Ram, identified as Remington Maddux, was arrested for a DWI following the crash.
Maddux struck a Ford F-150 driven by Danica Ramos. There was a male passenger, as well as a child who were taken to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
DPS Trooper Sgt. Ruben San Miguel said Maddux was driving southbound on Highway 35 when he failed to control his speed and hit the F-150 in the rear before flipping over the wall and landing in the Lavaca Bay.
Original story 12:15 a.m. 3/8/19
DPS is investigating a two vehicle accident that happened on the causeway in Port Lavaca.
Sgt Ruben San Miguel says a pickup was driving southbound on hwy 35 when it failed to control its speed and hit a car in the rear before flipping over the wall and landing in the Lavaca Bay.
A big crane was called in to pull the truck out of the water.
San Miguel says two people were transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the pick up truck was arrested on the suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
We will update you when more information becomes available.
- Authorities seek a human smuggler who illegally transported Chinese and other nationals
- October's Military Hero of the Month
- Monday, October 21 Petit Jury Cancelled
- Please help Crime Stoppers find a suspect
- VPD Search Warrant Leads to Arrest
- The Calhoun County Fair and Livestock Show brought several teens out to compete
- Crime Stoppers trying to ID a man
- Wharton County Sheriff's look for car burglary suspects
- East High School Traffic Study To Begin
- Citizens ER Expansion Project Approved
- Fort Worth officer resigns after fatal shooting
- Judge Ben Zeller chosen as VP of County Judges & Commissioners Association of Texas