DAVIS, Okla. (AP) - Two foreign exchange students who attended school in Texas have drowned at a popular tourist destination in southern Oklahoma.
Authorities say the men died Tuesday at Turner Falls near Davis, 70 miles (113 kilometers) south of Oklahoma City.
Police say one man was struggling in a pool near the falls when a friend jumped in to help and neither resurfaced. They weren't wearing life jackets.
The men were natives of India who attended the University of Texas at Arlington. The Medical Examiner's Office didn't immediately respond to an email seeking their names.
Two other people, a 27-year-old woman and a 39-year-old man, drowned at Turner Falls during the July Fourth holiday. Both were also natives of India.
Officials say a 4-year-old boy also drowned Tuesday in a central Oklahoma pond.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Victoria Police seeking information regarding shots fired on Mumphord Street
- Local vape shop supports national petition to save flavored e-liquid
- No injuries after newly rebuilt home goes up in flames
- Governor Abbott prepares state resources as severe weather approaches Texas
- City of Victoria announces new Communications Director
- Short budget hearing after no one takes the podium at Commissioners Court
- Commissioners approve County Sheriff's Office request to train at airport
- Clean Plate moving to brick-and-mortar store on Airline
- Local non-profit to team up with Texas Roadhouse
- Victoria Police trying to identify two subjects
- Man with replica BB gun fatally shot by Arlington police
- Partial closure Tuesday on Azalea St. for utilities installation