VICTORIA, Texas - School starts in a few weeks and Angel Lucy's Funeral Home is helping out by providing students with new shoes.
Dr. Gloria Gonzales, organizer Cesar Ornela's sister, tells us that, "It's a heartfelt feeling to be able to help others,"
Several people from the community began lining up outside of Angel Lucy's Funeral Home as early as 6 a.m. Saturday morning. They wanted to make sure they were able to get their children's feet measured in preparation for the shoe distribution.
"The event will be August 10th, and we take all students from Pre-K to 12th grade. We have been doing this for a few years now," said Gonzales.
Gonzales told us that in previous years, they had given away up to 700 pairs of shoes in the Victoria area.
"These distributions also take place in the Rio Grande Valley, Los Fresnos, Laredo, and Port Lavaca," said Gonzales.
If you were not able to make it to the shoe drive at Angel Lucy's Funeral Home in Victoria, you can go to Lucy's Heart in Port Lavaca on Sunday, between the hours of 1-5 p.m.
- Victoria Police seeking information regarding shots fired on Mumphord Street
- Local vape shop supports national petition to save flavored e-liquid
- No injuries after newly rebuilt home goes up in flames
- Governor Abbott prepares state resources as severe weather approaches Texas
- City of Victoria announces new Communications Director
- Short budget hearing after no one takes the podium at Commissioners Court
- Commissioners approve County Sheriff's Office request to train at airport
- Clean Plate moving to brick-and-mortar store on Airline
- Local non-profit to team up with Texas Roadhouse
- Victoria Police trying to identify two subjects
- Man with replica BB gun fatally shot by Arlington police
- Partial closure Tuesday on Azalea St. for utilities installation