VICTORIA, Texas - School starts in a few weeks and Angel Lucy's Funeral Home is helping out by providing students with new shoes.
Dr. Gloria Gonzales, organizer Cesar Ornela's sister, tells us that, "It's a heartfelt feeling to be able to help others,"
Several people from the community began lining up outside of Angel Lucy's Funeral Home as early as 6 a.m. Saturday morning. They wanted to make sure they were able to get their children's feet measured in preparation for the shoe distribution.
"The event will be August 10th, and we take all students from Pre-K to 12th grade. We have been doing this for a few years now," said Gonzales.
Gonzales told us that in previous years, they had given away up to 700 pairs of shoes in the Victoria area.
"These distributions also take place in the Rio Grande Valley, Los Fresnos, Laredo, and Port Lavaca," said Gonzales.
If you were not able to make it to the shoe drive at Angel Lucy's Funeral Home in Victoria, you can go to Lucy's Heart in Port Lavaca on Sunday, between the hours of 1-5 p.m.
- Victoria Crime Stoppers searching for woman wanted for forgery
- M.G. and Lilly A. Johnson Foundation donated $800,000 to UHV
- Nutcracker opening night sold out for the Victoria Ballet Company
- Educators hope access to hearing aids improves with new legislation
- Subway restaurants donate to local food bank
- Community Crossroads: Tips on How to Stay Healthy During the Holiday and Flu Free
- Flounder population numbers cause concern for conservationist, anxiety for fishermen
- Unattended 1 year-old dies in Yoakum
- 19 year-old male arrested for shooting his uncle in Yoakum
- Two car accident on Highway 87
- Naval Air Station Corpus Christi under lock-down Wednesday morning
- Representative Morrison spoke with TWIA about ongoing Harvey recovery