Mechanical fire shuts down Devereux Gardens building

Devereux Gardens residents have been relocated to another building after an electrical fire today.

Technicians were changing out a breaker on a panel box around 11:00 this morning when a shortage in the system caused a small fire in the panel box outside of the Fortner Villa building.

Devereux Gardens workers evacuated the building and turned off the electricity.

The fire was put out before the Victoria County Fire Department Arrived on scene. there were no injuries and the building is currently shut down.