Mayor Bauknight appoints new member, chairwomen for housing authority board
Here is what you need to know on the two appointees
VICTORIA, Texas – Mayor Jeff Bauknight has appointed Victoria Housing Authority board member Raquel Garza to serve as chairwoman.
The Victoria Housing Authority board provides housing for low-income families through its public house program and voucher program. During the Feb. 18 board meeting, Garza will be sworn in. She is an economic development specialist with the Victoria Economic Development Advisory Committee. Garza also served as a member of the following:
- the Golden Crescent Regional Planning Commission’s Economic Development Advisory Committee,
- Gulf Bend Center’s collaborative partnership panel,
- VISD’s Career Tech Education Advisory Committee
- and Victoria County’s Family 1st Advisory Committee.
Her experience in workforce development and economic development will help the board to crafts its strategic plan and facilities assessment. Garza received her master’s degree in organizational development from the University of the Incarnate Word.
Mayor Jeff Bauknight has appointed Cynthia Staley to the Victoria Housing Authority board. She will also be sworn in at the Feb. 18 board meeting.
Staley is the president and executive director of the Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity. She also has over 20 years of experience in affordable housing. Staley has served on the board of directors of the following:
- Texas Habitat for Humanity,
- the executive task force of Habitat for Humanity International
- and the City of Victoria Planning Commission.
She recieved her master’s degree in theological studies from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CROSSROADS TODAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.