Marines Toys for Tots and Blue Santa continues tradition
Toys for Tots campaign delivers a message of hope: 'Every child deserves a little Christmas'
VICTORIA, Texas – As the holiday season gets closer, the local Toys for Tots team and their helpers are going strong for this year’s Toys for Tots campaign.
Since 1947, Marines have made Christmas wishes come true during the holiday season. The primary goal of Toys for Tots is to deliver a message of hope to less fortunate children by providing a new toy at Christmas. Through that process, the goal is to inspire them to become responsible, productive and patriotic citizens.
Last year, the community came together to inspire 15,384 children in the Crossroads area. Over 61,000 toys were collected and distributed to children. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Toys for Tots team expects a greater need this year and are asking for your help.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or hosting a toy drive in this year’s Toys for Tots campaign, contact Mark Longoria at 361-655-9899. You can also send him a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration ends on Dec. 13, 2021. Late registration ends on Dec. 20.
You can visit the Toys for Tots website for more information on the campaign.
Toys for Tots NOTES:
- Our goal is to help our less fortunate families by providing toys to ALL children in the Crossroads area who wouldn’t experience the joy of Christmas. No child gets left behind!
- Practically speaking we need to collect and/or purchase 40,000 toys this Season. Monetary donations are extremely important, Our Goal is to raise $40,000. Checks can be addressed to: Marines Toys for Tots Foundation, P.O. Box 354, Victoria, TX 77902.
- We need new, unwrapped toys donated ranging from $15 – $25.
- In addition to Victoria County, we are again working to provide toys to children in Jackson, Calhoun, Goliad, Gonzales, and Dewitt Counties. However, we still need help in these counties–partnering with non-profit organizations to help find and register children in need; and, distributing toys to them.
- We are also the toy-source for several non-profit groups including: Salvation Army, Devereaux, Restoration House, Perpetual Help Home, CASA, Boys and Girls Club, etc.
- Registration for toys starts November 1 and continues through December 13, 2021 at City Harvest Church 2802 Lone Tree Rd. Victoria, TX (M – F 9am-5pm) and the local schools (M-F 9am-3pm)
- If you would like to partner with us, volunteer with us, or request to be one of the 150 drop-off sites, please contact us at http://victoria-tx.toysfortots.org or Call/Text 361-655-9899, email email@example.com. National Website: www.toysfortots.org
Toys for Tots Campaign ‘21 Timeline
- 11/1 – Registration Begins: Monday – Friday 9am-12pm & 1pm-5pm @ City Harvest Church, 2802 Lone Tree Rd. Victoria, TX
- 11/1 – Boxes delivered to drop off locations.
- 11/26, 11/27, 11/28 – “Black Friday Toy Drive” – Both Victoria Wal-Marts Friday – Sunday 9am – 6pm.
- 12/3, 12/4, 12/5 —“Stuff the Truck” Toy Drive (9am-6pm) Event hosted by HEB Port Lavaca in partnership with “The Harbor.”
- 12/4 Saturday – “Oh What Fun Christmas” Chili Cook-Off Toy Drive 10 am – 4pm. 2614 N. Navarro, Victoria, TX
- 12/3, 12/4, 12/5 – Target Toy Drive – Victoria 9am – 5pm
- 12/10, 12/11 & 12/12 – “Stuff the Truck” (9AM – 7PM) Event hosted by Victoria HEB PLUS & HEB RIO GRANDE. Drop off a new, unwrapped toy in a real military truck. Sponsored by VTG (KAVU).
- 12/13 – Registration Ends
- 12/13, 12/14, 12/15, 12/16, 12/17 -– PACKAGING DAYS (6PM – 10PM) – Come to the toy warehouse 704 Goldman St. Victoria, TX, and help package toys for area children.
- 12/19 – Christmas Party DISTRIBUTION at Victoria Community Center 2905 E. North St. (4PM – 6PM) Toys will be distributed to all those who are registered.
- 12/20 – Late Registration (9AM – 12 PM). Victoria Community Center 2905 E. North St.
You can read previous stories on the Toys for Tots campaign below:
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CROSSROADS TODAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.