Local river race collects 12 bags of trash, other bulky items
City of Victoria and Flow Paddle Co hosted Riverside Row
VICTORIA, Texas – The City of Victoria and Flow Paddle Co partnered to host the first Riverside Row on Sept. 24 in Riverside Park. This river race has an environmentally conscious twist, where rowers are able to collect trash from the river to have minutes deducted from their total racing time.
Fifteen rowers competed in the race, picking up 12 bags of trash, along with other bulky items.
The following placed in the race:
- First place: Joe Luna, Victoria resident
- Second place: Rick Hayley, Corpus Christi resident
- Third place: Daniel Lozado, Victoria resident
- First place tandem (adult): Alexandra Spiegleman and Allie Upton, Victoria residents
- First place tandem (adult/child): Assistant City Manager Mike Etienne and Ian Etienne
- Most trash collected: Vic Kocian, Mark Oberle and Joe Kocian, Coastal Bend Paddlers
Event organizers anticipate hosting the event annually. You can learn more about Parks & Recreation events and programs by visiting www.victoriatx.gov/parks.
The City of Victoria provided the above information and photo.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CROSSROADS TODAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.