Little League season in Calhoun County Canceled
CALHOUN COUNTY, Texas – Calhoun Little League board of directors has voted to conclude our regular spring season. The Board of Directors voted to issue partial refunds based on the collection of the remaining outstanding candy fundraiser.
Although some would wish to continue the season it is clear that a complete restructuring of teams and a redraft would be in evitable due to the lack of participation. It is with a heavy heart and concern for our community that the board has voted to conclude the season but will continue to closely monitor the pandemic and revisit having a fall season should COVID-19 regulations be lifted.
Fundraiser turn in dates: Saturday’s June 6, June 13, with the final turn in date of June 20. There are 147 players needing to turn in candy money. Teams with outstanding fundraiser due by division:
* TBall- Angels, Braves, Diamondbacks, Rays, Red Sox, White Sox
* Peewee – Astros, Blue Jays, Braves, Brewers, Giants, Padres, Rangers, Red Sox, White Sox
* Minor Baseball – Astros, Braves, Dodgers, Phillies, Yankees
* Major Baseball- Athletics, Braves, Indians, Nationals, Rangers, Yankees
* Minor Softball- Gators, Longhorns, Tigers
* Major Softball – Aggies, Crimson Tide, Red Raiders
Equipment turn in and equipment deposit return will be on Saturday, June 6, 13 & 20 from 9-10:30.