Keep Victoria Beautiful held Silver City neighborhood cleanup
Local departments were present for outreach
VICTORIA, Texas – On March 5, community members came together for the Silver City neighborhood cleanup hosted by Keep Victoria Beautiful. According to a news release from the City of Victoria’s Communications office, approximately 160 volunteers helped residents move brush and bulky trash to their curbs during the cleanup.
The following departments were present to provide information about services available to residents:
- the Victoria Police Department,
- Victoria Fire Department,
- the Victoria Public Library,
- Communications & Public Affairs,
- Parks & Recreation,
- United Way of the Crossroads
- and Victoria College.
According to the news release, the City of Victoria Environmental Services assisted with additional no-cost pickups in the neighborhood leading up to the event. The Victoria Fire Department also hosted a drug takeback and installed 36 smoke detectors at no cost. Parks & Recreation gave away over 20 trees and provided information on how to care for them.
Sponsors for the event included:
- Appliance Pro, which donated removal of freon from appliances;
- Del Papa Distributing, which provided drinks;
- the Salvation Army, which provided breakfast;
- and the Wade & Carter Show and Lowe’s, which provided potted flowers for residents.
You can learn more about Keep Victoria Beautiful and sign up for cleanups by visiting www.victoriatx.gov/kvb.
You can also view more photos from the event by clicking here.
The above information and photos included were provided by the City of Victoria Communications Office. You can find the original news release here.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CROSSROADS TODAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.