VICTORIA, Texas - The Victoria Independent School District has partnered with Healthy Schools to provide flu shots to students at no charge.
Shawna Currie, the Director of Communications with VISD, says that in years past there have been some flu seasons with numerous extended absences from students who had the flu. She also said this is a preventative measure they are offering to the parents to have their kids get vaccinated with no copay in school.
"Healthy Schools is providing all of the flu vaccines for the district, so the sooner that students are signed up, the sooner they have a better idea of how much of a supply they will need to bring with them into the schools when they come in October," Currie said.
The first opportunity to register your child for the vaccine was when you registered them for school this year, but if you overlooked that information or decided to not sign up at the time, you can go to www.fight-flu.com to register your child.
The vaccines are administered by local registered nurses and are available at no cost in all VISD schools.
- President Trump to nominate Victoria Sheriff O'Connor to serve as US Marshal
- No injuries reported after tractor-trailer collides with train
- Blood Drive held to support kids with cancer
- Edna ISD Implements 'Guardian Plan' to Protect Students in Mass Shootings
- Coast Guard responds to flooding near Beaumont, Texas
- Man's death blamed on flooding tied to Imelda
- Victoria County Sheriff's to host drug take back event
- Arlington Police have charged former director of Hope Child Advocacy Center
- Goliad couple charged with multiple child abuse felonies
- Goliad County Outreach Completes Renovation
- The City of Victoria is preparing to fix the potholes
- Victoria man indicted for felony charges