Hey folks, it's Tommy Taylor, with Atzenhoffer Chevrolet and we're here at Smith elementary and I've got this thousand dollar pay it forward check that we're about to present to Ms Valerie George for her after school sewing program. So let's go inside and give her some money today!
You're the recipient of the pay it forward thousand dollars for your after school, a sewing club here at Smith Elementary. So on behalf of Atzenhoffer Chevrolet and Newscenter 25, here's a check for thousand dollars. Thank you so much. How does that make you feel?
Oh Great. Great, great. The kids are going to be so excited. We'll be able to get a few more sewing machines and equipment, scissors, pins, all the things that we need to make this project or it needs to go well.
Tell us a little about your club and how many kids you have involved in it and, and how often you'll meet and what y'all do.
Um, well, we meet once a week. Um, and um, I have anywhere between 10 to 12 kids in the class and um, last year we just made pillows, um, for each of the individual kids, but this year we're going to do a little bit more. We have a project already. I'm on the burners for making some safety vests for our safety team here at the school. Um, so that's the kind of thing we do, but it, it teaches kids more than just had to put a button on, you know, they get um, uh, they learn patience and they gained competence and um, math skills involved with the measuring and reading with the patterns and, and it, there's a whole bunch of stuff that I'm sewing, hand sewing and machines sewing is good for. We had a lot of kids that wanted to be in, in the group last year, but we just didn't have the capacity for it. We couldn't do it.
Well, hope this money goes to a good cause and the kids learned a lot about selling and all the different life lessons that, that can teach them. Yes, it will. Thank you so much. Thank you.
Pay It Forward, Victoria!
- Houston school trustees reject state review as one-sided
- Texas man suspected in twin's death arrested in SC
- NASA testing urban drone safety over Corpus Christi
- US official calls tent court for asylum seekers 'impressive'
- Justice Department sues to block merger of airline IT firms
- Governor Abbott announces new Uber hub in Dallas
- Uber to open regional hub in Dallas, resulting in 3,000 jobs
- 2 inmates escape from East Texas jail, perimeter fence cut
- Ransomware attack hits more than 20 Texas local governments
- VISD releases new state accountability numbers