VICTORIA, Texas - David Padilla is a 96 year old U.S. Army veteran that served in World War II, Korea, and Vietnam.
In World War II, he became a Prisoner of War in Nazi Germany in 1944.
In Korea, he served in the Signal Corps, teaching soldiers how to drive the machinery.
Raymond Reyes, who nominated Mr. Padilla, says that “Mr. Padilla's service means a lot to me. I really appreciate this veteran's of the month program that's running right now.”
Meteorologist Trey Meynig presented Mr. Padilla with a beautiful plaque provided by Mac Haik, on behalf of Mac Haik and Newcenter 25. Mr. Padilla also received a gift card for Texas Roadhouse.
- Victoria Crime Stoppers searching for woman wanted for forgery
- M.G. and Lilly A. Johnson Foundation donated $800,000 to UHV
- Nutcracker opening night sold out for the Victoria Ballet Company
- Educators hope access to hearing aids improves with new legislation
- Subway restaurants donate to local food bank
- Community Crossroads: Tips on How to Stay Healthy During the Holiday and Flu Free
- Flounder population numbers cause concern for conservationist, anxiety for fishermen
- Unattended 1 year-old dies in Yoakum
- 19 year-old male arrested for shooting his uncle in Yoakum
- Two car accident on Highway 87
- Naval Air Station Corpus Christi under lock-down Wednesday morning
- Representative Morrison spoke with TWIA about ongoing Harvey recovery