Electrical fire at Mumphord’s Place BBQ causes minor structural damage

The fire occurred around 8 a.m.

VICTORIA, Texas – The Victoria Fire Department responded to a call around 8 a.m. this morning of an electrical fire at Mumphord’s Place BBQ. Restaurant workers who were already there noticed smoke and a small fire at the corner of the restaurant and quickly used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire prior to the fire department’s arrival.

The electrical fire caused minor structural damage to the left corner of the restaurant entrance. Thankfully, no one was injured.

Mumphord’s Place BBQ will be closed for the next couple of days to repair the electrical wiring.