Coast Guard ends search for person in the water near South Padre Island
A body was found which ended the search Thursday
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — The Coast Guard ended its search Thursday after a body matching the description of the missing swimmer was located two miles north of Beach Access 6 near South Padre Island, Texas.
Coast Guard Sector/Air Station Corpus Christi watchstanders were initially notified Wednesday morning by South Padre Island Police Department of a missing swimmer near Beach Access 21.
Watchstanders issued an urgent marine information broadcast. An Air Station Corpus Christi MH-65 Dolphin helicopter aircrew and Station South Padre Island Response Boat-Medium and Response Boat-Small boat crews were launched to conduct the search.
Involved in the search were:
- Coast Guard Sector/Air Station Corpus Christi
- Coast Guard Station South Padre Island
- Coast Guard Cutter Edgar Culbertson
- Texas Parks & Wildlife Department
- South Padre Island Fire Department Beach Patrol
- South Padre Island Police Department
*Courtesy of the U.S. coast guard