City closes Tuesday due to inclement weather
VICTORIA, Texas — The City of Victoria today declared inclement weather for the 24-hour period beginning Monday at 5 p.m. through Tuesday 5 p.m., during which all city facilities will remain closed.
The National Weather Service communicated today that temperatures will remain below freezing until midday tomorrow. This will make it difficult for the ice to be reduced in time for the opening of business operations tomorrow.
- City facility/service will be closed Tuesday, Feb. 16.
- Nonemergency city offices will be closed.
- Tuesday’s scheduled automated garbage, and solid waste (trash, limb, yard waste and recycling pickup) will continue as scheduled, though services will be delayed. The city asks residents to place trash out for pickup by the regular pickup time and leave it there through the evening.
- The landfill and compost, brush site will open at 9 a.m.
- Waste management will open at 10 a.m.
- Victoria Public Library will be closed.
- Riverside Golf Course will be closed.
City offices will return to regular business hours of operation Wednesday. For more information about the City of Victoria, visit www.victoriatx.gov.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY CROSSROADS TODAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.