Breezy with eventual sunshine

Wednesday Weather 1-26-22

 

 

VICTORIA, Texas-: Today: Mostly cloudy gradually becoming sunny skies with breezy winds while temperatures stay below average.  High: 58 degrees. Winds: NE 10-15/G20 mph.  A 10% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms.

Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy skies with light winds while temperatures stay around average.  Low: 42 degrees. Winds: NE 5 mph. A 10% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms.Thursday: Mostly cloudy skies with light winds while temperatures stay below average.  High: 59  degrees. Winds: NE 10 mph.  A 10% chance of afternoon scattered showers and thunderstorms.Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy skies with light winds while temperatures stay around average.  Low: 44 degrees. Winds: NE 5-15 mph. A 60% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms.Extended Forecast: Friday through Wednesday:    

FridayPartly sunny skies with breezy winds while temperatures stay below average.  High: 55/32 degrees. Winds: N 15/G25 mph.  A 30% chance of afternoon scattered showers and thunderstorms before Noon.

Saturday: Sunny skies with light winds while temperatures stay below average.  High: 61/38 degrees. Winds: S 5 mph.  A 10% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms.

Sunday:  Mostly sunny too sunny skies with light winds while temperatures stay around average.  High: 67/47 degrees. Winds: SW 10 mph.  A 10% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms.Monday: Partly sunny skies with moderate winds while temperatures stay around average.  High: 67/54 degrees. Winds: SE 15 mph.  A 40% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms.Tuesday: Cloudy skies with moderate winds while temperatures stay above average.  High: 72/61 degrees. Winds: S 15 mph.  A 20% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms.Wednesday: Mostly cloudy skies with light winds while temperatures stay around average.  High: 67/42  degrees. Winds: SW 15 mph.  A 40% chance of afternoon scattered showers and thunderstorms.

Synopsis: High pressure from the north moved south and into East Texas on Tuesday.  This will push a cold front from the north into South Texas Tuesday night before moving out into the Gulf Wednesday morning.  Clouds that moved into the area during the day on Tuesday will move off to the southwest overnight on Tuesday as well.

Due to low moisture levels, we cannot expect too much in the way of rain from this cold front.  The front will promote breezy conditions along the coast on Wednesday.  Behind the front will be drier air from the north that will clear the skies Wednesday afternoon.A low-pressure system (upper level) will be moving into the Southern High Plains on Wednesday and will turn into a trough (opening up) Wednesday evening as it moves east into northwestern Minnesota and northeastern North Dakota.   Warm air in the lower levels will move in from northeastern Mexico and the Brush Country on Wednesday night.  This will bring back cloud cover Wednesday night that could lead to showers moving from west to east.  For the long-term period, Thursday through Tuesday, moisture levels near 1″, combined with colder air lifting under warmer air will help to deliver showers on Thursday over the western half of the viewing area as the trough in Minnesota shifts northeastward through the day on Thursday. Moisture increases as a strong cold front approaches South Texas Thursday night that could keep rain chances going as well as increase the showers in coverage. The cooler weather continues with highs in the 60’s on Thursday and only in the 50’s on Friday because the cold front should pass through South Texas late Thursday night as cold, dry air and high-pressure move down from the north during the day on Friday (midday).Early Friday there will be numerous and scattered showers across the area before dry conditions move into the region by Friday evening.  There could be clap of thunder or two, but odds are low (10-20 percent chance) due to the limited stored energy from the sun. High pressure (in the higher levels) will strengthen as dry conditions and sunshine will be present for the weekend. Airflow from the South (Gulf) will return Saturday night as high pressure moves off from west to east and over the Northern Gulf of Mexico. Before the warmup, temperatures Friday night into Saturday morning could drop to around freezing as a light freeze could happen early Saturday morning (mainly over the northern portion of the viewing area).A low-pressure system moving into the Texas Panhandle on Sunday could bring showers (20-40 percent chance) Sunday night through Monday as moisture levels increase (1-2″).  The airflow from the South (Gulf) will return on Saturday night, the increase in warm, moist air will allow for temperatures to climb into the 70’s by Tuesday with low temperatures near 60 degrees.   Airflow from the South (Gulf) will persist through Tuesday, increasing moisture (1″) along with warm air that could bring some stray showers to the area.