47 verified active cases in Lavaca County, 41 pending investigation
12 new cases Friday
LAVACA COUNTY, Texas- Lavaca County Emergency Management is reporting 12 new DSHS Region 8 CONFIRMED cases of COVID-19.
Sorted by zipcode and not necessarily in city limits, there are two new cases in Hallettsville, one in Moulton, six in Shiner, one in Yoakum, Lavaca County, and two in Schulenburg, Lavaca County. All patients are isolating at home and following the guidance issued by DSHS.
Lavaca County OEM advises that those who are awaiting test results to self-quarantine until you receive your results. If you receive a positive test result, you must continue to self-quarantine for a total of 14 days.
To stop the spread of this virus within Lavaca County it is imperative that we continue to do the following:
• Wear a cloth face covering (over the nose and mouth)
• Practice social distancing by staying at least six feet away
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• If soap and water are not available, use a 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Stay at home and stop the spread of coronavirus
LCEM encourages you to visit dshs.state.tx.us/coronavirus/ to find up-to-date coronavirus information and what to do if you’re sick, testing information, as well as guidance for Opening the State of Texas.
All businesses and customers should continue to follow minimum standard health protocols laid out by DSHS at https://open.texas.gov/.
Local information on Lavaca County COVID-19 response may be found on the LCEM page on co.lavaca.tx.us or https://www.facebook.com/LavacaCoEM/
Source: Lavaca County Office of Emergency Management.