36-year-old arrested on multiple charges after evading arrest
Michael Lara had outstanding warrants
VICTORIA, Texas – Victoria Police Department officers arrest Michael Lara on multiple charges.
On Wednesday, at approximately 1:15 p.m., Victoria Police Department officers discovered Lara sitting outside of a residence in the 2100 block of N. Ben Jordan Street.
Lara, 36, is known to have outstanding warrants.
Once Lara saw the officers, he began to walk away. Officers commanded for him to stop, but he fled and dropped some items.
Officials apprehended and placed Lara in handcuffs. After retracing his path, officers located a handgun and a methamphetamine pipe. They also found methamphetamine and a THC cartridge on Lara after searching him.
Ultimately, officers arrested and charged Lara with the following:
- Evading Arrest with a Previous Conviction
- Tampering with Evidence with Intent to Impair
- Possession of a Controlled Substance PG 1 1G<4G
- Possession of a Controlled Substance PG 2 <1G
- Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Felon
- Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon
- No Seatbelt Passenger (warrant)
- Attempted Possession of a Controlled Substance PG 1<1G (warrant)
The Victoria Police Department provided the above information and photo.
COPYRIGHT 2022 BY CROSSROADS TODAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.