IRS Tips

By: Amanda Brown

Updated: 2/20/2013 10:28 pm

Text Size

IRS Tips

We are now just under two months away from when taxes are due and more than 12 million Texans are expected to file their taxes this year.

Everything's big in Texas even the number of Texans who will ask for more time to file their taxes. Lea Crusberg with the IRS said if you need more time to gather documents you can file for an extension with Form 4868. Crusberg said employers had until January 31st to mail out W2’s, she said if you don't have your forms by the next two weeks, contact your employer to make sure they have the correct address and there's other things you can do to make sure you get your return faster. Crusberg said common mistakes like putting down the wrong social security number can cost you to wait longer for your tax return. However, Crusberg said several factors play into how much a taxpayer will get back.

The deadline to file taxes is Monday April 15th. For more tips visit
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of Crossroads Today

No comments yet!
Inergize Digital   This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.

Crossroads Today is a community service of the Victoria Television Group. © 2015 Saga Broadcasting, LLC All Rights Reserved.


EEO Filing | FCC Inspection File | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use