Sage Creek Fire Report

Amanda Brown

abrown@newscenter25.com

Updated: 2/06/2013 9:34 pm

Text Size
-
+
Share

Sage Creek Fire Report

Nearly 3 weeks after an early morning fire tore through the Sage Creek Apartments, fire officials now know what sparked it. The fire, now determined as accidental, caused damage to 26 apartments, displacing dozens of residents.

On Monday January 21st firefighters responded to the Sage Creek Apartments located on the 600 block of Fillmore Avenue but it wasn't the first time that week they made the trip out to the complex. Fire marshal Tom Legler said a malfunction in a heating ventilation and air conditioning unit caused a fire that damaged a total of 26 apartments; four of them were a total loss. Legler said there's always potential of failure with any type of mechanical or electrical device and that the age of the device could also be a factor, he said residents should report any problems with ac & heating units. Officials with Sage Creek Apartments were unable to comment on camera but said their resident's safety is their first priority. They added that they are conducting a separate fire investigation through their insurance agency. Legler stated, whether or not the residents will be reimbursed depends on whether or not they have insurance.

For more fire safety tips visit http://www.ktxs.com/news/Protect-Your-Home-From-AC-Unit-Fires/-/14769632/14667204/-/3hytyp/-/index.html
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

The views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of Crossroads Today

No comments yet!
Inergize Digital   This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.

Crossroads Today is a community service of the Victoria Television Group. © 2014 Saga Broadcasting, LLC All Rights Reserved.

Non-Discriminatory Advertising Letter | ADVISORY PUBLIC NOTICE - NON-DISCRIMINATORY AD CONTRACTS

EEO Filing | FCC Inspection File | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use